dao5 is an experimental cryptocurrency investment fund that will convert into a
autonomous organization (“DAO”).
Upon conversion, DAO5 tokens will be minted and issued to the fund’s investment team, advisory
board, and portfolio company founders. The legal entities that comprise the fund will be dissolved, and the
general partner’s assets migrated to an on-chain treasury owned and governed by DAO5 tokenholders in
The goal of dao5 is to empower our portfolio founders to manage a new treasury of assets which
backstops the value of the DAO5 token. What happens after that will be determined by DAO5 tokenholder
governance. We anticipate that dao5 will not operate with a pre-defined mandate; but rather will be constantly
evolving and adapting to the needs of the frontier decentralized economy.
PUBLIC IMMUTABLE STRING VALUES =
dao5 embodies the following five core values:
- Incentive alignment. Each portfolio founder will receive a grant of future DAO5 tokens which
provide exposure to the broader portfolio of assets. We believe that cross-pollination is essential to
fostering a collaborative founder community.
- Meritocracy. Each advisor or deal scout that submits a successful investment proposal will be
compensated with a percentage of the performance fees generated.
- Anon-friendly. dao5 works closely with pseudonymous advisors, and invests in tokens launched by
pseudonymous founders. We believe that individual privacy is an inalienable right in the cryptoverse. We do
not invest in surveillance technologies.
- Dunbar’s number. Some DAOs are optimized to attract the largest possible number of members; we are
not. It is envisioned that dao5’s governance will remain in the hands of a relatively tight-knit community
- Contrarianism. Fostering open ideation is more important than defining a set investment mandate or
strategy. dao5 favors radically different ideas and experiments in the cryptoverse.